How To Apply K1 Visa For US Fiancee

how to apply for a visa
how to apply for a visa
how to apply for a visa
Is your fiance(e) a foreigner? Do you intend to get married and live in the United States? If so, then you will need a K1 visa. K1 visa application can be a very complicated process as there is a lot of paperwork involved. Very often, applications are delayed or denied due to insufficient information provided. If your applying for K1 visa, follow these steps:
how to apply for a visa
I-129F Petition
how to apply for a visa
The first step begins with the I-129F petition. The form itself is self explanatory and will ask for basic information such name, date of birth, address, etc. All these information should be known to you and you should have no problems filling out the questions. The important thing however, is the supporting documents accompanying the I-129F petition.

Some petitioners submit their application without realizing that they also need to provide the relevant documents to support it. This mistake often results in their application being delayed or even denied. The following items should be provided together with the I-129F petition:
  • Signed statements from you and your fiance(e) declaring the intent to marry
  • Documentary proof of having met in the past two years (photos,etc)
  • Passport size photo of you. Passport size photo of your fiance(e).
  • G-325A form for you. G-325A form for your fiance(e). The G-325A provides biographic information of the individual.
  • Documentary proof that you are a U.S citizen (birth certificate, passport, etc)
All these documents should be sealed together with I-129F petition and sent to the United States Citizenship And Immigration Services (USCIS).
Waiting Game
Once you have submitted the package, the waiting game begins. Waiting for approval from the USCIS takes up a huge majority of the time in applying for K1 visa. The entire review process can take up to 4-5 months!
Once everything is in good order, the USCIS will send you a notification informing you of the approval. Your petition will now be handed over to the U.S embassy of your fiance(e) country.
Visa Review
The U.S embassy will send your fiance(e) a package containing all the forms that needs to be filled up. Your fiance(e) will also have to schedule a medical examination. Once all the forms are submitted, your fiance(e) will have to attend a visa interview which will decide whether to award him/her the K1 visa. If everything proceeds smoothly, the application will be approved and the K1 visa will be issued to your fiance(e).
With the K1 visa, your fiance(e) may use it to enter the United States within 6 months. After gaining entry, you and your fiance(e) will have 90 days to get married. Failure to do so will result in him/her being deported.
As you can see, K1 visa application need not be difficult. If you are able to provide all the necessary information, your petition will be flawless and will be approved without any delays or rejection.